Broken Lawnmowers and Jubilant Weeds

We have two lawnmowers -- a rider and a pushmower.  Both of them broke down last weekend. 

Our yard looks somewhat like a kid with a bad haircut -- the kind Daddy gave me, along with lame encouragment, "Don't worry, son.  It will grow back eventually."

A half scalped lawn, seems a worthy cause for complaint.  In fact, last evening, I grumbled against the weeds in my overgrown back yard, fussing over the fastest, cheap way to fix it. 

This morning, a reading of Psalm 96:12, re-set my attitude:

"Let the fields be jubilant and everything in them.  All the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth."

While I grumbled, the weeds praised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies