Hometown Prophet

This past weekend, I had the privilege of reading Hometown Prophet, a fascinating novel by Nashville author, Jeff Fulmer.

It's the story Peter Quill, an unemployed, aimless, young man who moves back home with his overbearing mother -- and begins to have vivid dreams that come true.  Quite a buzz follows, as Peter's dreams increase in number and scope, and events unfold just as he predicted.

When Peter's prophecies go a different direction than expected, challenging the bias of people in the community, he finds himself in a firestorm of controversy.

In some ways, one could say this book is a critique of the evangelical subculture, written from the balcony.  It gave me a fresh perspective and good food for thought.

Within the first few pages, the book drew me in, and I couldn't put it down -- a sign of good authorship.  .I stayed up late Sunday night, and ignored the Olympics, just to see how our hero, Peter, was going to land. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession