The Best Jesus Biography You'll Ever Read

In my recent early morning devotional time, I've been blessed by reading from Jesus: A Theography, by Leonard Sweet and Frank Viola.

This 424 page volume is a spiritual treasure trove, blending poetry, Scripture, theology, history and biography into a sweeping and inspiring overview of Jesus, our Savior.

They explore the majesty of Jesus, with a grand "before time" introduction (unlike most Jesus biographies which begin with the nativity) and conclude with an inspiring presentation of Christ our coming King (unlike some others that leave him in the grave.)

Through the rest of the book, they unpack his entire earthly life -- drawing deep meaning from his experiences, teachings, miracles, crucifixion and resurrection.  The authors approach the subject with reverence, and as I've journeyed with them through the chapters, they've said, "Let me show you something beautiful!"

Viola and Sweet capture and reflect the essence of our worship -- a deep, abiding love for Christ -- so amazing, so divine -- which demands my love, my life, my all.

This is the greatest biography of Christ I've ever read, and it will doubtless be considered a classic for years to come.

Purchase Here

Comments

  1. You have inspired me to grab a copy. Sounds brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings