Remembering Zig Ziglar
Zig Ziglar, the great motivational speaker, passed away last week at the age of 86. Ziglar was a great inspiration to me. Through his writings, I learned the power of a positive attitude, determination and faith.
I'm devoting this column to his memory by sharing a few of his insightful quotes:
* Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
* Failure is a detour, not a dead end street.
* If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.
* Every choice you make has an end result.
* If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost.
* Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.
* It's not what you've got, but what you use that makes a difference.
* Failure is an event, not a person.
* Expect the best, prepare for the worst, capitalize on what comes.
* Many marriages would be better if husbands and wives clearly understood that they are on the same side.
* The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
* Some adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.
* Money won't make you happy. . . but everyone wants to find out for themselves.
* A goal properly set is halfway reached.
* Mature love follows the principle, "I am loved love because I love."
* It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
* See you at the top!