The Wisdom of the Body

In a 1990 sermon titled The Wisdom of the Body, Dr. Paul Brand said, “I pray that when my time comes I may not grumble that my body has worn out too soon, but hold on to gratitude that I have been so long at the helm of the most wonderful creation the world has ever known, and look forward to meeting the designer face to face.” In flesh and blood such as ours, God silences the arguments of a noisy world. Jesus stood before the masses to show the world that our bodies and our hearts were meant to know healing. Perhaps we can be like the one leper of the ten that Jesus healed, the one who recognized the significance of the man behind the miracle. Falling on his face at Jesus’s feet, he saw the Son of God. And Jesus said to him: “Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings