By Any Means

Since I read mysteries and action/adventure novels for fun, I was delighted recently to land a free preview copy of Chris Culver's new book, By Any Means via Net Galley.

Chris Culver, a masterful storyteller, did not disappoint.  He grabbed my attention by the opening lines and kept me burning the midnight oil to see what would happen next.

While investigating a double homocide, Ash Rashid, an unconventional police officer in Indianapolis, finds himself embroiled in controversy and danger as he uncovers an international human trafficking ring.   

A "make it up as you go" kind of fellow, Ash repeatedly runs into difficulties with his superiors who are more concerned with following protocol than catching the bad guys. 

A Muslim, Ash is observing Ramadan during the entire story.  I found the descriptions of this observance fascinating, as it is something unfamilar to me.

I appreciate how the author portrays Ash's inner struggles:  conflicts between demands at work and duties at home as well as a battle with alcoholism.

This is a very good read, full of twists and turns, reminding me somewhat of Michael Connelly (The Lincoln Laywer) and James Patterson (Alex Cross.)

The book will be available August 2014.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies