I Am Thankful for These Five Things

Reflecting on the old Thanksgiving hymn, For The Beauty of the Earth, I am truly grateful. . . 

1) For the Beauty of the Earth
  Those of us who live in the northwoods, have a front row seat to enjoy the grandeur of creation.  What a  beautiful place -- with splendid seasons -- each one proclaiming God's praise. 

2) For the Wonder of Each Hour
  Time is fleeting, but I’m thankful for the moments – the special moments we pause to treasure, sitting in  the Thanksgiving Chair.

3) For Thy Church
 In worship (holy hands above) and service (pure sacrifice of love).
 I am so thankful for our church, and the outstanding leaders who serve with me.

4) For the Joy of Human Love 
 Brother, sister, parent, child.  I am thankful for my beautiful family, and am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with them. We will miss Adam, Luke and Emily dearly – but are thankful for Skype!

5) For Thyself – Best Gift Divine.
 God has been my source of strength and comfort. I find that fellowship with Him is sweeter as the years go by. In my daily quiet time, He gives me the spiritual motivation and strength to face whatever comes throughout the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession