A New Perspective

The rain had ended. The sun was shining. A beautiful rainbow arched across the sky.

"Isn't this a beautiful day?" the sparrow chirped contentedly.

"That, my friend," said the snail, as he raised his mud-soaked face, "is a matter of perspective."

-------------

Please forgive my lack of postings over the past week. I had the privilege of teaching a couple of FLAME Courses in Frankfort, Indiana, returning last evening.

This morning, my son, Adam, left for Bethany Bible College, in Sussex, New Brunswick. (or, as I've told people from Hayward, the other side of the world -- but the sun still shines!)

I did not realize the depth of loss I would feel as he departed, and was unprepared for the mingled waves of grief and gladness.

I'm really sad to see him go -- but I'm glad.

A friend put into perspective for me the other day, "You would cry more if he stayed home for the next twenty years and didn't do anything."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies