Einstein Sermon

Our District Conference speaker, Steve Deneff, was stranded at the Chicago O'Hare Airport, and thus, our District Superintendent asked me to speak this morning in his place.

The words of Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle echoed in my mind, "Sir, you are no John F. Kennedy!" And I certainly am no Steve Deneff. He's the best preacher in the entire Wesleyan Church.

But, then I reminded myself that it's all about the Message, not the messenger.

So, I threw my shoulders back and gave it my best shot.

It wasn't the best I've ever preached -- sort of an Einstein Sermon. . . relatively inspiring. It's hard to preach to preachers.

Hopefully, though, somebody got some good out of it.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I certainly got some good out of it! You always inspire me, Mark, to love others more, to reach out more, to let God have His way with me.
    God Bless You!
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession