Odds and Ends

I was happy to see that my friend, Nick Reid won the primary yesterday in his run for congress (7th District of Wisconsin.) He was raised in our Darrow Road Wesleyan Church, currently is a member of our Red Cedar Community Church, and his wonderful parents have attended Hayward Wesleyan Church.

Nick is a good, solid faith and family values kind of guy. Pray for him as he faces a formidable foe, Mr. Obey, in November. Go Nick! I'm with you -- even if I don't put one of your bumper stickers on my car.

It was sad to hear of the dismissal of my favorite biographer, Ruth Tucker, from Calvin Seminary. Too bad for them -- but it might be good for the rest of us. Maybe she'll some extra time to write some more of her fabulous books. Scott McKnight, over at Jesus Creed, has picked up on this story.

Jerry Brecheisen posted recently on " E-Mail Doctors" -- now, that's an interesting concept. I sure do a lot of "E-Mail Pastoring!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies