I was ordained July 10, 1987, when General Superintendent, Dr. Earle Wilson, laid hands on me, shook my hand, and declared, "Take Thou Authority to Preach the Word!" I was thinking about that recently, and began to wonder how far back I could go with the succession of my ordination. So, I did a little research. I was ordained by Earle Wilson Earle Wilson was ordained by Pilgrim Holiness General Superintendent, William Neff William Neff was ordained by the Pilgrim founder, Seth Rees Seth Rees was ordained by Nazarene founder, Phineas Bresee Phineas Bresee was ordained by Methodist Bishop, Levi Scott Levi Scott was ordained by Elijah Hedding. Elijah Hedding was ordained by Francis Asbury Francis Asbury was ordained by a renegade Anglican priest named John Wesley John Wesley was ordained by Anglican Bishop (of Oxford) John Potter. From Potter -- there's a trail all the way back to St. Peter!! You can see the chart here. (Potter is at the bottom of the page #90. Now, how abo...
That is an AWESOME clip!!!! That must have been his son???? My brain doesn't work that way - - - - even as a kid, I would NEVER once have thought of doing a cannon ball into the baptismal, and I'm even a PK!!!
ReplyDeleteDuring our Evangelism class, Mark showed a moving clip of a couple of baptism events at his Church. Baptism is an area that our Churches need to promote more and celebrate by way of videos and photos. I was in joyful tears by just seeing the baptism video of people I didn't even know. Just think of how a well made video would impact the Church and the families that actually participated in the baptism.
ReplyDeleteThat was absolutely hillarious! I cannot tell you how I would respond if that happened to me. Solemn occasions need to sometimes be broken up. We need to honor God, but with our heart, not some ritual.
ReplyDelete