Frost and Chill, Bless the Lord

Last night, as the mercury fell to more than 20 below zero, my kids and I went outside and blew bubbles together! (My friend, Naomi Cochran, gave me the splendid idea!)

Some of the bubbles froze before they landed, and rolled around on the ground like little crystal balls! Isn't that cool?

I enjoyed it so much, I went out early this morning by myself and did it again!

When the cold spell comes, there is a choice: we can either complain or we can rejoice. I choose the latter!

As the Canticle of the Three Youths states:

Cold and chill, bless the Lord.
Dew and rain, bless the Lord.
Frost and chill, bless the Lord.
Nights and days, bless the Lord.
Light and darkness, bless the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession