So, Where is the Jordan River?


Sometimes, for baptisms, I use my stash of Jordan River water that I brought home from my trips to Israel.
I usually make a big deal about it, saying, "Folks, I think it might impress you to know this water is straight from the River Jordan!"
A few months ago, in the foyer, after one of those baptisms, I overheard a puzzled guy ask, "So, where is the Jordan River, anyway?"
To this, his friend replied, "I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's somewhere in Missouri."

Comments

  1. To those of us raised on the pablum of the church, these kinds of statements always seem astounding. However - - - I for one am EXCITED we are reaching those who did not grow up on pablum!!!

    We had a teen in SS once who when she heard George Washington mentioned in class stated with shock and awe: "I didn't know HE was in the Bible!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:29 AM

    And here I thought it was in Orlando

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Cookies