Breaking News

The Wesleyan world was rocked to the core yesterday, by the shocking revelation that General Superintendent, Dr. Earle Wilson, has been taking sermon enhancing steroids for years.
Wilson, who is widely known to hit homeruns every time he preaches, declined an interview. However, anonymous sources say that the sermon steroids were obtained from his brother, Norman, another preaching giant, who knocks the ball out of the park regularly on the Wesleyan Hour.
The General Board of Review is investigating.
This startling news has travelled quickly in Wesleyan circles. Ettie Langdon, a long-time member from North Carolina, wondered, "Where can my preacher get some of that stuff?"

Comments

  1. I dont get it. Was he caught downloading sermons or something?

    Whats the underlying theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Oh no - -nothing like that. Nothing happened. I was just trying to be funny. Earle is the best preacher I know -- and every time I hear him, I say, "Wow!! How does he do that??"

    Must be sermon enhancing steroids! Or the anointing of the Holy Spirit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:40 PM

    That's Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    I love ya man. I truly do. Now I have to ask though, if a person found Jesus through the ministry of Rev. Earle Wilson, will their name have an asterick by it in the Lambs Book of Life?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you love to hear Earle, you should try to hear his son, Steve, the Pastor at Greeley, CO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:27 PM

    oh my does his son, steve take sermon enhancing steroids too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey where do I get some? I get to preach this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:46 PM

    If your sermon lasts for more than 4 hours you may need to see a doctor. :)

    Jonathan Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last one had me rolling.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Hey Does this stuff work for worship leaders too? You can never get too much of a good thing!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Tim,

    If you TRY this for worship leading, PLEASE don't make the congregation STAND for the whole 4 hours!!!!

    And I'll sign my name to this,

    Keetha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession