We All Were Fired!

Yesterday, I fired my staff -- all of 'em -- in one fell swoop, with a Mr. Dithers flourish -- "You're all fired!" Then, they fired me too. (Fortunately, we understand each other, and have healthy enough relationships that they all knew I had to be joking.)

For five seconds, Hayward Wesleyan Church stood without any pastoral leadership whatsoever. I toyed with the idea of making "an emergency call" to the District Superintendent.

Then, as quickly as I could, I hired 'em all back again -- and they hired me! (I was the last one to get hired -- and was sweating it for a moment!)

"Jeremy, you're our new children's pastor."
"Heath, you're our new spiritual formation pastor."
"Loretta, you're now hired for worship and youth."
"Ben and Tim, you are hired for pastoral care."
"I'm your new senior pastor."
"Now, as the new pastoral team at Hayward Wesleyan Church, what are we going to do to lead our congregation into future growth, expansion and maximum Kingdom Impact in the northwoods and beyond.
A lively and fruitful discussion ensued.

The good part about being new pastors at the same place is that we don't have to take a whole year to find the lay of the land and understand the people!

Comments

  1. Nor do you have to sell one house, buy another, pack up, and MOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention something. The other day I was walking along and stopped suddenly, as if there was disturbance, a fracture in life as we know it, and I was being pulled, no...ordered towards Wisconsin, to silence the many souls that now screamed out in anquish..but alas, it passed and all of you decided to stay. Which is good, since I didnt know how to explain to my fiance that I had to move to Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

Apostles and Earrings