Rick Warren's Response

I commend President-elect Obama for his courage to willingly take enormous heat from his base by inviting someone like me, with whom he doesn’t agree on every issue, to offer the Invocation at his historic Inaugural ceremony.

Hopefully individuals passionately expressing opinions from the left and the right will recognize that both of us have shown a commitment to model civility in America.

The Bible admonishes us to pray for our leaders. I am honored by this opportunity to pray God’s blessing on the office of the President and its current and future inhabitant, asking the Lord to provide wisdom to America’s leaders during this critical time in our nation’s history.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:20 AM

    "The Bible admonishes us to pray for our leaders." This means even if my choice was not elected. Perhaps God knew better than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I did not vote for him, I am really encouraged by some of Obama's leadership steps... particularly the decision of honoring Rick Warren. Obama seems to be extending an olive branch to those he knows did not catagorically vote for him. I think he wants everyone represented at the inaguration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession