Christian Writer's Market 2009

The Christian Writer's Market has been a valuable help in getting my articles into magazines over the years.

This excellent guide lists all the different Christian publishers, magazines, newspapers, periodicals and agents. It gives the specifics of what they're looking for, the kind of manuscript they desire, what they pay, and how to go about submitting something you've written.

This is the best deal I know for aspiring writers. A small investment of around twenty bucks, can reap hundreds on just one or two articles. I know this is true, because I have experienced it personally.

I researched the Christian Writer's Market, picked out the ten companies that would most likely accept my articles, and then started sending them out.

On average, I get about ten rejections to every acceptance -- but, hey -- that's not too bad!! (About the same as my odds when casting a fishing line.)

Now, I've not gotten rich by writing -- but the Christian Writer's Market has helped me go on a few extra special dates with Cathy, and to have some fun experiences with my kids!

The 2009 Version of the Christian Writer's Market (buy it here), written by Sally Stuart, is better than ever! It includes:
* more than 1,200 markets for the written word
* 416 book publishers (32 new)
* 654 periodicals (52 new)
* 96 literary agents
* 100 new listings in Resources for Writers
* 226 poetry markets
* 316 photography markets
* 25 African-American markets
* and 166 contests (29 new.)

It also includes a fantastic cd rom with full text for the whole book for easy searches!

Sally E. Stuart is the author of thirty-six books and has sold more than one thousand articles and columns. Her long-term involvement with the Christian Writers’ Market Guide as well as her marketing columns for the Christian Communicator, Oregon Christian Writers, and The Advanced Christian Writer, make her a sought-after speaker and a leading authority on Christian markets and the business of writing. Stuart is the mother of three and grandmother of eight and lives near Portland, Oregon.


Comments

  1. Anonymous5:47 PM

    Wonderful informative post. Thank you Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:09 PM

    Mark, I linked to this post at http://newchurchreport.com. I've used Christian Writers' Market in the past and am amazed at its thoroughness. Thanks for reminding us of an old standby resource. -Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Mark, I linked to this post at http://newchurchreport.com. I've used Christian Writers' Market in the past and am amazed at its thoroughness. Thanks for reminding us of an old standby resource. -Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:32 PM

    MAXIDEX DEXAMETHASONE WARNING

    I had eye surgery and in the post-op pack was MAXIDEX(dexamethasone) drops by ALCON LABS.

    Two days later I ws BLIND

    Use Google and enter EPOCRATES MAXIDEX REACTION to verify

    Or call 800-757-9195

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If This Is Not A Place. . .

My Updated Ordination Succession